- Benzac Ac 5% Gel Wash 100 ml contains ‘Benzoyl Peroxide’, an antibacterial medication used to treat bacterial skin infections like acne (pimples).
- It is an organic compound with an irritant, keratolytic (remove warts, calluses), comedolytic (inhibits the formation of blemishes), and anti-inflammatory activity.
- Benzac Ac 5% Gel Wash 100 ml kills bacteria, reduces inflammation and unplugs blocked pores.
It decomposes to release oxygen when applied to the skin. This oxygen acts as a bactericidal agent and kills Propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria that causes acne.
- Benzac Ac 5% Gel Wash 100 ml increases the turnover rate of epithelial cells (cells that line the surface of the skin), eventually helps in peeling the skin and treating comedones (skin-coloured, small bumps due to acne).
- Benzac Ac 5% Gel Wash 100 ml also has a mild drying effect that allows excess oils and dirt to be washed away from the skin.